Fit Tip Friday: Support Squat
How Do We Get Members to Start Squatting?
Assuming there are no movement restrictions like pain or limited joint mobility, we start with the support squat. Here’s how it works:
1) Start close to your support and take a small step back.
2) Turn your feet out slightly.
3) Begin by pulling your butt down towards the floor. Aim for your heals.
4) Staying upright, get the hips to the same plane as your knees.
5) Pull your knees apart for tension in the bottom, and maintain that tension as you stand.